Hello 2nd Trimester!

Memorial Day weekend meant time for relaxing, BBQ'ing, hitting 14wks and welcoming the 2nd trimester - hallelujah! I actually can't believe we're already here. I expected the 1st trimester to drag on and it actually cruised right along, albeit with nausea and other less desirable side effects, but still went quicker than I had expected.

14 weeks
I'm feeling better each day and excited that my energy is coming back. I've been enjoying the walks over the weekend and we even got out to paddle board! We hadn't been out on the boards since April so it felt great to be back out there. 

pregnant paddle

Here's what Baby Riedel is up to this week:

"This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his/her thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his/her facial muscles are getting a workout as his/her tiny features form one expression after another. He/she can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him/her sucking his thumb.

In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he/she measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon"

Comments