Welcome

. . . to our blog.

I am starting this now as we are standing on the corner of "We're happily married without kids" and "Is now the time? Are we ready to be parents?".

I didn't always know I wanted kids. But over the last couple months the feeling has haunted me (in a good way). I used to feel I was "too selfish to have kids" - there was so much I wanted to do, wanted to see, wanted to accomplish and so on - but now I realize I just wasn't ready. Now those goals, those places I want to go, things I wanted to do, etc. are still there (and probably always will be), but at the top is, "I want a family to share my accomplishments and my adventures with".  


So here we are, on the corner of our past (which has taught us so much), the present (where I am finally secure, in more ways than I could imagine) and our future (which I know will be scary and tough but rewarding, and full of love). Here goes nothing . . .


(written Feb 28, 2013)

Comments