We survived!

the faces of 2 people who missed each other terribly all day, finally reunited

We survived (or rather, I survived) our first day apart. I went back to work yesterday and Wes had his first day of daycare. I couldn't handle drop off (yes, I'm a wimp) so Adam did it (thank you!) and I looked forward to pick up ALL day. Our daycare lady knew how tough it was going to be for me yesterday so she kept me updated throughout the day. I'm so grateful. 


I know babies going to daycare isn't anything new and lots of Mom's have to go through what I did yesterday; I just wasn't prepared for how it was really going to effect me or how motherhood would change me. I felt sick in the days leading up to yesterday just thinking of not being with him. So when yesterday morning came I was a mess. I drove to work in tears, feeling sad, like a bad mother, sick to my stomach, guilty, etc ... a mess. When I got pregnant I assumed I would just go back to work, it wouldn't be a problem, Wes would go to daycare ... but then he arrived and my mindset (my whole world) completely changed. Kind of a "duh" moment for all you other Mom's I'm sure. If I could stay home with him 100% of the time, I would in a heartbeat. This is a new world for me & I just need time to adjust. Wish me luck!

Comments

  1. Sorry your first day was so hard. Hopefully things get a little easier for you guys! Nice that your daycare provider sent some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so hard to leave them :( Glad it all went okay. It will slowly get easier and at a certain point you will appreciate the balance of work and kid time. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment