35 weeks


Where to begin? This picture (to the right) pretty much sums up my days and nights recently. I thought it was kind of funny. But seriously, this baby is getting heavy ... heavy on my hips, pubic bone and bladder. It's all a good sign that he's fattening up though, so I shouldn't complain. 
One thing I will complain about is how idiotic and rude people are at this stage of pregnancy. Just today a coworker said "So you must be due any day now, right?!" when I said, I had 5 weeks left he followed up with "Oh wow! ...and you're sure there's only 1 in there?" Rude. I heard from friends that people start saying some really dumb and rude things to women at the end of their pregnancy and I've had a couple other encounters where people seem shocked that I have some weeks left (am I really that big?) but today was the first time that it really stopped me in my tracks and had me almost in tears. Hormones aren't helping either, by the way. Oh well... sorry for the rant. 

Baby Riedel is continuing to grow and will do so at the rate of a half pound a week for the remaining weeks. According to my apps, he's about 18-20 inches long and as big/heavy as a coconut or honeydew melon. Also, "because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight." (Babycenter.com)
this top used to be "flowy" and loose - haha!




Comments

  1. Trying again since I don't think my comment posted. I notice everyones comments revolve around appearance - it's like they don't know what else to say. Bizarre. Sorry you got some rude ones. I got the twins one when i was like 23 weeks last time! I can't wait to meet baby boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay…give me that guy's address :(
    You look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment