38 weeks

Let's start with last weekend... We had a nice weekend with a several visitors and a wedding! On Saturday, Oma and Opa came up for a visit and lunch - luckily the rain had stopped! Saturday night we went to the wedding of my friend and coworker. It was beautiful, held at a winery in Livermore (Garrè). The food was great and I was told the wine was excellent as well (wah.. wah..). On Sunday morning the Andersen's stopped by on their way to breakfast and we got to see Hunters new moves :)



This week marks my last week of work before maternity leave starts and I'm very happy I decided to work from home this week. Initially I was thinking that I just didn't want to be 'stuck' in Fremont as soon as November hit just in case anything happened but its been more beneficial than that. I've had an increase in Braxton Hicks contractions and while they aren't painful they do get uncomfortable so its been nice to be in my own space to deal with them. I've also been able to get A LOT of work done w/out the distractions and interruptions from the office so its allowed me to to really get everything wrapped up and off my plate before maternity leave kicks in. 

working from home necessities = comfy clothes & coffee

my not-so-useful "intern"
So we had our 38 week appointment today and everything looks good/on track. I'm 50% effaced but only 1cm dilated so there's really no telling if I'll be early, on time or late. We'll just continue to wait and see :)

holy baby bump!

How far along:  38 weeks
  • Maternity clothes: Nothing new
  • Symptoms: More BH contractions, heartburn, sore hips and back if I am on my feet too long, exhaustion. 
  • Sleep: I was seeing an improvement until last night. Aside from having to get up to pee about 4 times a night, I was getting good sleep. I was able to fall back asleep and sleep soundly in-between bathroom trips. Then last night, it was back to the insomnia :(
  • Best moment(s) this week: Last weekend's visitors and wedding
  • Movement: Constantly and I love it ... unless he's head-butting my bladder
  • Cravings/Aversions: Snyder's pretzels & apples. No aversions.
  • Happy or moody most of the time: Happy but emotional, I still tear up easily.
  • Looking forward to: Meeting our little guy :)
How Baby R may look on the inside...












Comments

  1. Less than two weeks! So glad you're home and not in the office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for the big day :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment