36 weeks

Well I don't have any orange in my wardrobe at the moment so all black will have to do to cheer on the Giants :)


Today I have my 36 week appointment. During the appointment my midwife will check baby to make sure he hasn't flipped and is still head down (I think he still is) and give me a routine test for Strep B. I imagine we'll also probably review my birth plan and make sure that I have all the pre-reg paperwork done so I don't have to worry about it when I'm actually in labor - it's amazing to think that day will be here in the not-so-distant future! 

Last Sunday marked 1 month from my due date and each day I am more aware of how close I'm getting. Baby R is the size of honeydew melon or head of romaine lettuce, depending on the app. I feel as if he's started to drop - check out the picture comparison below of last week vs. this week. It may not be super obvious to anyone else but me, but it feels easier to breathe this week. Phew!

a peak at what he looks like if you could see inside my belly

35 wks <<<<<    >>>>> 36 wks
Can you tell he dropped?

How far along:  36 weeks
  • Maternity clothes: Nothing new but I think its finally cold enough for me to consider a couple long sleeved shirts just to get me through the final weeks.
  • Symptoms: Cramping and contractions, pubic bone pain, heartburn, sore hips and back if I am on my feet too long.
  • Sleep: Terrible but I keep telling myself its just prep for when he's here.
  • Best moment(s) this week: Crossing the 'hospital bag' and 'car seat' off our list last weekend :)
  • Movement: Constantly and I love it .. he also seems to be getting hiccups more frequently these days.
  • Cravings/Aversions: New is a craving for cinnamon bears but other than that still craving apple sauce and oranges. No aversions.
  • Happy or moody most of the time: Happy but emotional, I tear up easily these days its kind of ridiculous.
  • Looking forward to: A World Series party this Saturday - Go Giants!

Comments

  1. Yay for contractions and baby dropping! He will be here before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting so close! Very exciting ��

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment