34 weeks

Yesterday marked week 34 for us ... only 6 weeks left! Adam and I were both in our good friends' wedding last weekend (Adam's best friend) and I had a lot of people make comments about how I "must be due very soon". Not sure how to take that b/c I still have 6 weeks left and I know there's even more growing in store. But it was pretty surreal to be able to answer people who asked when I was due with, "next month". Next month! Can't believe it. Generally I'm feeling pretty good. I have had some cramping and contractions which are normal but definitely aren't comfortable and continue to have pubic bone pain which can make walking around painful. I've been told its all normal and just the way my body is preparing for Baby Riedel's arrival.

This week Baby R is weighing about 4.75 - 5.75lbs and is between 17.2 - 18.7in long. He's about the size of a butternut squash. He can recognize and is reacting to familiar voices and melodies and will recognize those familiar sounds once he's born. Over the next couple weeks he'll slowly make his way lower in my belly, freeing up room around my lungs - yes please!

time has flown by
How far along:  34 weeks
  • Maternity clothes: Nothing new
  • Symptoms: Cramping and contractions, pubic bone pain, heartburn, sore hips and back if I am on my feet too long, shortness of breath
  • Sleep: Up constantly and pregnancy insomnia has definitely kicked in
  • Best moment(s) this week: Knowing we have a weekend w/o obligation ahead :)
  • Movement: Still tons, I love it!
  • Cravings/Aversions: Nothing new, still craving apple sauce and oranges mainly :)
  • Happy or moody most of the time: Very happy and excited to meet the little guy!
  • Looking forward to: A weekend w/o any obligations and crossing some remaining to-do's off our list

I only took 1 picture the whole weekend (the pic of Adam) but here are 2 others taken by Oma. I'll post more from the weekend as they become available. 

the Best Man giving his speech

these chics educated me on all things 'labor & delivery' that night ... totally normal conversation topic I think ;)

Comments

  1. Hope Adam is serving you lots of applesauce and other favorites :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment