Hello 3rd Trimester!

28 weeks today and the start of our final trimester ... I can hardly believe it! This pregnancy has flown by already and I'm prepared for the last 1/3 to go equally as fast, something I have mixed feelings about.


Baby R is growing like a champ (if you couldn't tell) and at this stage his lungs are mature enough that he would likely be able to survive if born now. Wow! He's the size of a large eggplant, about 2.25 lbs.

How far along:  28 weeks
  • Maternity clothes: Nothing new this week
  • Symptoms: Braxton Hicks contractions, sore hips, getting tired more easily, heartburn (yuck)
  • Sleep: Still a struggle and at this point I only imagine it will get worse, guess I better learn to nap :)
  • Best moment(s) this week: Basically all of last weekend; from the Dave Matthew's Concert (amazing) to our relaxing Sunday afternoon, it was perfect
  • Movement: Lots! Felt like he was tap dancing in there earlier today - haha
  • Cravings/Aversions: Nothing this week
  • Happy or moody most of the time: Very happy 
  • Looking forward to: My shower this weekend (can't wait!!) and our brief Babymoon at the end of September 

Comments